- 1 Whole Sheephead, scaled and gutted (head on)
- 1 Lemon
- Melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Sliced onions and potatoes (if desired)
- Non-Stick Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place fish in baking dish.
- Stuff with Oyster Dressing (see below).
- Cover with melted butter.
- Squeeze lemon over prepared fish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced onion and potatoes to dish.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until cooked through.
- 1 Prepackaged Dressing
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz fresh oysters with juice
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the butter over the prepackaged dressing.
- Add the egg, chicken stock and oysters with their juice.
- Stir well to incorporate.
Click below for a pdf of: