- 4 8-ounce tuna steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and crushed black peppercorns.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; add garlic and brown.
- Add tuna steaks and sear to desired doneness.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side for rare center; 3 to 5 minutes each side for medium center; 5 to 8 minutes each side for well done.
Click below for a pdf of:
Yellowfin Tuna with Pepper Garlic Crust