- 4 jumbo soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Sea Eagle Market Tartar Sauce
- 8 slices of your choice of bread
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices plum tomato
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Rinse crabs; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour and Old Bay seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge each crab in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown. Add crabs; cook for 3 minutes, gently pressing body and legs against pan. Turn crabs; cook 3 minutes or until brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Tartar Sauce over each of 4 bread slices. Top each with 1 crab, 3 tomato slices, and 1 lettuce leaf. Top each with 1 bread slice.
Click below for a pdf of:
Soft Shell Crab Sandwiches