- 1 pound peeled & deveined, large raw shrimp
- 3 cups fresh okra, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- Sauté okra in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Cook tomatoes, garlic and dried crushed red pepper in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until skins are charred. Place in bowl with okra.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp of oil to skillet. Stir in the okra, tomatoes and shrimp. Sauté until the shrimp are pink. Remove from heat. Garnish, if desired.
- Do NOT overcook.
Click below for a pdf of:
Skillet Roasted Okra and Shrimp