- 1 pound Peeled & Deveined Wild Local Shrimp
- ½ pound Andouille Sausage – cubed
- ½ pound pepper bacon – diced (or other favorite bacon)
- ¼ cup green onion
- 1 green or red onion for flavor and color
- ¼ cup self-rising flour (for roux)
- Self-rising flour for breading shrimp
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- Soak shrimp in evaporated milk for 2 hours
- Lightly bread and fry shrimp until golden brown. Set aside on folded paper towels to drain.
- Put bacon and sausage in sauté pan.
- Add self-rising flour when bacon and sausage is fully cooked.
- Simmer and stir to brown roux.
- Add green onions.
- Add water to adjust gravy to desired thickness.
- Add shrimp.
- Serve over South Carolina Stone Ground Grits.
Cook the grits according to package directions. (Stone Ground Grits available at Sea Eagle Market and at CJ Seafood Express)
Click below for a pdf of:
Shrimp and Grits