- 2 pounds, large raw shrimp (peeled & devined is preferable)
- 20 (12-inch-long) skewers
- 2 tablespoons Southwest seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- Southwest Cream Sauce
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
For the Southwest Cream Sauce:
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
For the Grilled Corn Salsa:
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 avocados
Prepare Southwest Cream Sauce:
Whisk together sour cream; garlic, red onion; chili powder; cumin; ground red pepper; and salt. Whisk in cilantro and lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Prepare Grilled Corn Salsa:
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Lightly coat corn cobs with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill corn, covered with grill lid, 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from grill; cool 15 minutes.
- Hold each grilled cob upright on a cutting board; carefully cut downward, cutting kernels from cob. Discard cobs; place kernels in a large bowl. Gently stir in tomatoes and next 5 ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve, if desired. Serve at near room temperature.
Prepare Shrimp Tacos:
- Peel shrimp; devein, if necessary. Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Combine Southwest seasoning and garlic in a long shallow dish; add lime juice, lemon juice, and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill shrimp, without grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve in warm tortillas with next 4 ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
Click below for a pdf:
Citrus Shrimp Tacos