- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and sauté until the vegetables are wilted, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the crawfish, garlic, and bay leaves and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the crawfish for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve the flour in the water.
- Add the crawfish mixture.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Stir until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley and green onions and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Click below for a pdf:
Cajun Crawfish & Shrimp Etouffe