- 1 cup shredded peeled potato
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) snapper or other firm white fish fillets
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Combine potato, horseradish, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spread 1/4 cup potato mixture over 1 side of each fillet, pressing potato mixture onto fish.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 fillets, potato side down, to pan.
- Cook 3 minutes or until potato mixture is browned.
- Carefully turn fish over; place on a plate.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fish.
- Return fish to pan, potato side up.
- Bake at 375º for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Click below for a pdf of:
Potato Crusted Snapper