- Live Crawfish
- Seafood Boil
- Bay Leaves
- Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Onions
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (skins removed and
- Half Stalk of Celery
- Red Potatoes
- Whole Fresh Mushrooms
- Corn Cobbies (usually 2 per person)
- Prep veggies:
- Wash celery and cut into thirds.
- Rinse potatoes and mushrooms.
- Cut sausage into bite size pieces.
- Cut garlic and lemons in half horizontally.
- Quarter onions.
- Rinse crawfish several times until the water runs clear.
- Fill large stock pot about 60% of the way with cold, fresh water and turn on burner.
- Add all seafood boil, cayenne and bay leaves.
- Squeeze juice from lemons into the pot and then throw the remainder of the lemon in as well.
- Add onions, celery and garlic to pot and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage and mushrooms and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add corn and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish and bring pot back to a boil.
- Once the pot begins to boil turn off the heat and soak up to 30 minutes tasting in 5 minute intervals for desired amount of spice.
- Remove from the pot onto a large table covered with newspaper or plastic tablecloth and enjoy!
Click below for a pdf of: