- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 4 (6-ounce) wreckfish fillets
- Combine 2 tablespoons shallots, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and vinegar in heavy small saucepan. Boil until almost no liquid remains in saucepan, about 5 minutes. Add cream and thyme; simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Combine tomatoes, 1/3 cup oil, basil, oregano, tarragon, 2 tablespoons shallots and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue or preheat broiler. Brush fish with 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or broil fish until opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Divide fish among plates.
- Bring sauce to simmer; spoon around fish. Top fish with tomato mixture; serve.
Click below for a pdf:
Grilled Wreckfish with Tomatoes and Herb Cream Sauce