- 2 (1-inch thick) fresh yellowfin tuna steaks
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1/8 cup fresh minced sweet onions
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup white white wine (or cooking wine)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons drained capers
- Fresh dill weed and lemon or lime wedges for garnish
- Sprinkle both sides yellowfin tuna steaks with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Sear tuna steaks until golden brown on each side, turning only once.
- Do not overcook tuna. Remove and keep warm.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan along with the onions.
- Gently sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute, stirring often.
- Carefully pour in the white wine and lemon juice.
- Stir and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and return to a simmer.
- Cook another 3 minutes or so until thickened.
- Stir in drained capers.
- Pour lemon cream sauce over warm tuna steaks and garnish with dill and lemon or lime to serve.
Click below for a pdf of:
Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Cream Sauce