- Oysters, 1 dozen small or medium, on half shell
- Spinach, 4 ounces, steamed
- Onion, 1 large, diced
- Breadcrumbs, 1 cup
- Tomato, 1 large, sliced
- Provolone, 12 slices
- Press the water out of the spinach.
- Mix the spinach, onion and breadcrumbs by hand. You should find that the spinach breaks apart into little pieces.
- Roll the mixture into a blob that will cover the oyster and raise up an inch or so above the shell.
- Press down a little so the top of the blob is flat and lay the tomato slice on top of the blob.
- Lay a slice of provolone on top of the tomato.
- Broil on low for 8-10 minutes.
- Don’t spill any of the oyster liquor!
** This recipe is taken from the internet
Click below for a pdf of: