- 1/4 Cup clarified butter
- 7-8 oz triggerfish portions (about 1 side of the fish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 oz fresh jumbo lump or lump blue crab (or fresh shrimp)
- 1 tsp capers
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a saute’ pan on medium-high heat.
- Add enough clarified butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in pan and saute’ until golden brown.
- Flip fish over and saute’ until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from pan.
- Deglaze pan with cooking wine.
- Add shallots and reduce sauce until almost dry.
- Squeeze lemon into mixture
- Add capers and crab (or shrimp).
- Carefully whisk in softened butter, add parsley.
- Ladle sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with parsley
Click below for a pdf of:
Triggerfish with Crab Sauce