- 1 lb swordfish steak, cut into 8 long thick strips
- Portion of peanut butter, recipe below
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoons lime juice
- Thinly sliced red onions, tomatoes, lime halves and coriander leaves, to serve
- Make the peanut paste by combining peanut butter, paprika, chili pepper, salt, ground ginger and lime juice.
- Stir well and taste. Adjust spices as necessary
- Place fish strips in a large bowl and pour peanut sauce over it, then using your hands, mix well ensuring the pieces are coated with the sauce.
- Leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, prepare the bbq and let the coals heat up till fiery red.
- Then pass (soaked wooden) skewers through each piece of swordfish, and place on an oiled rack. Let cook for 5-6 minutes on one side, then flip over and let the other side cook for 2-3 minutes. If not ready, remove to part of grill where heat is indirect and let cook till ready.
- Serve with thinly sliced red onions, sliced cherry tomatoes, lime halves and coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, skinned
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, grind the peanuts till they are crushed. The ground nuts will stick to the sides of the mixing container, so using a spatula, loosen bits from the bottom and round the sides.
- Then add oil, drizzling in along with a pinch of salt, blending till you get a ‘thick cream’ consistency.
- Use as directed above
Click below for a pdf of: