- Steelhead fillet
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (or any other type of vinegar you prefer)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Whisk in the ingredients.
- Place the fish in the center of a rectangle of foil. Pour the glaze over the fish and fold the packet around the fish.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. (This essentially allows the fish to marinate). If you’re in a big hurry, start the oven before you make the glaze and just pop it in.
- Bake for 10 minutes + 10 minutes for each inch of thickness. So, a one inch thick fillet would bake for twenty minutes. 1.5″ would be 25 minutes.
- The recipe makes enough glaze for a little over two pounds of fish. It is easily halved or doubled.
Click below for a pdf of:
Steelhead Trout with Honey Glaze