Sauteed Soft Shelled Crab
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 small soft-shell crabs, cleaned
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Rèmoulade Sauce for serving
- Place the milk in a shallow bowl large enough to hold the crabs in a single layer. Add the crabs and let them soak for 1 hour. Drain and discard the milk.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper in a paper or plastic bag. Lightly dredge each crab in the flour.
- Heat the oil and butter together in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and sautè the crabs in batches until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Add more oil and butter to the pan if necessary.
To serve, place a crab in the center of 4 salad plates and garnish each with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and a small dollop of Rèmoulade Sauce.
Click below for a pdf of:
Sauteed Soft Shell Crab