- Take 1 Fish of Choice (approximately 4-5 pounds) Grouper, Black Drum or Spot Tail are nice choices
- Clean it, Gut it (split it down the belly) and chose head off or head on
- Line your pan with a little bit of olive oil or other oil of choice
- Use 1 box of Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing or make from scratch and place it in bottom of the pan
- Line top of stuffing with sliced potatoes and scallions
- Make a rub from the following ingredients: Lemon Pepper, garlic, salt, pepper
- Rub lightly on both sides of the fish
- Prepare to wrap in aluminum foil – but before closing – pour ½ stick of melted butter over fish then close foil tightly.
- Place wrapped fish on top of stuffing/potato mixture and place on top rack of preheated oven (400 degrees)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and move pan to lower rack. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- At this point turn broiler on and broil 5 min and then remove from heat completely.
Click below for a pdf of:
Papas Baked Fish