- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine (or cooking wine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 32 mussels – cleaned and debearded
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, cook shallots and garlic in simmering wine until translucent.
- Stir in cream and curry powder. When sauce is heated through, add mussels. Cover, and steam mussels for a few minutes, until their shells open wide. With a slotted spoon, transfer steamed mussels to a bowl, leaving the sauce in the pan. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Whisk butter into the cream sauce. Turn heat off, and stir in parsley and green onions. Serve immediately.
Click below for a pdf:
Mussels in Curry Cream Sauce