- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, green bell pepper, and garlic; sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; add fillets, spooning tomato mixture over fish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired, and serve immediately.
Click below for a pdf of: