- 1 whole snapper, cleaned and scaled
- 3 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Make three slashes across each side of the fish using a sharp knife to keep the fish from curling as it cooks. Place the fish in a shallow baking dish or roasting pan. Cover each side with fresh ginger, then green onions and tomatoes. Season with sea salt. Slice half of the lime and place the slices on top of the fish. Drizzle with the soy sauce, and squeeze the other half of the lime over the fish. Cut the lemon in half and set in the pan. Cover the whole dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake the fish until the flesh is opaque and can be flaked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Squeeze the baked lemon halves over the fish before serving.
Click below for a pdf of: