24 Individual Servings
- 24 medium-size raw oysters, shucked and drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or cooking wine)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Hot sauce or Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 12 slices lean thin-cut bacon, cut in half
- 24 buttered toast rounds (optional)
- Lemon wedges
** you can also purchase shucked oysters at Sea Eagle Market.
- Preheat the broiler of your oven. Drain oysters.
- In a bowl, mix the wine, garlic, salt, pepper, and hot sauce together. Add drained oysters and toss to coat; let marinate 20 minutes.
- Cut the bacon in half and cook in a microwave oven for approximately 1 minute or pan fry until the edges begin to curl but the bacon is still flexible (do not completely cook the bacon). Drain well.
- Remove oysters from marinade, Wrap each oyster in a bacon strip and secure with a damp toothpick or cocktail pick, overlapping the bacon approximately 1 inch.
- Place the bacon-wrapped oysters on a broiler pan. Cook the oyster and crisp the bacon approximately 5 to 6 minutes on the first side, and another 2 to 4 minutes once you turn them over. You will need to turn them once or twice to get a good crispiness on all sides.
- NOTE: You may also cook these on an outdoor or range top grill.
- Serve with the cocktail pick, or the pick can be removed and the oyster placed on a buttered toast round. Serve with lemon wedges.
Click below for a pdf of: