- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon (packed) grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 1-inch-thick swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet.
- Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven.
- Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer swordfish to plates.
- Add seasoned butter to same skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling.
- Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
Click here for pdf:
Pan Roasted Swordfish w Peppercorn Butter